cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Debugging Modular Database Actions...
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:53:20 GMT
I am struggling to get a simple database "add" performed
when using the  Modular Database Action (and, no, I do
not want to do this in flow or some other way ;-).  The log
files do not show any errors - the database connection works
OK for retrieving data (and I have checked the field names
and types and so on...).

Any ideas on what to test or look for to get this working?

Thanks
Derek

*****

The sitemap entry looks like:

         <!--  attempt to process add/update database entry -->
         <map:match pattern="forms/add_legal">

           <map:act type="mod-db-add">
             <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="context://myapp/db-metadata.xml" />
             <map:parameter name="table-set" value="legal" />

             <!--  do not get here ! -->
                <map:generate src="docs/ok.xml"/>
                <map:transform src="styles/basic-page2html.xsl"/>
                <map:serialize />

           </map:act>

            <!--  ALWAYS get here ! -->
            <map:generate src="docs/fail.xml"/>
            <map:transform src="styles/basic-page2html.xsl"/>
             <map:serialize />

         </map:match>

The db-metadata.xml file is located in the 'root' directory ("myapp"
folder):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
<connection>abc</connection>

  <keys>
    <key name="TriggerID" type="int"/>
  </keys>
  <values>
    <value name="TriggerDesc" type="string"/>
  </values>

</page>

believed to be clean.