cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need some help w/ Woody Template
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:03:22 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2004, at 12:54 AM, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
>> That's because the request is an object that lives only for the
>> duration of one request. Thus if you put something in a request
>> attribute, it only remains there for the current request.
>

> OK — I figured that's what must be going on.
>
> I'm new to Cocoon continuations and I had a bad think goin'.  I
> thought "well, the request is part of the flow context, and a
> continuation ought to close over the entire context including the
> request".  But of course not... it's not that there's one request that
> gets suspended and resumed, it's that you have one request that
> inaugurates the flow, and another request(s) that resume it.  Yeah I
> get it :-)

The simple rule is that only local variables of the script function are
part of the continuation. Every object you access through the "cocoon"
object is not part of the continuation and is likely to change when you
cross a cocoon.sendPageAndWait().

>> The whole woody-flowscript integration is quite focussed on
>> displaying one form at a time, so you're a bit on your own if you
>> want to display multiple forms... (not that it's impossible, but
>> you'll have to write some more code by your own.
>

> Right, I kind  of saw that coming :-)  I figure all the pieces are
> there in woody2.js, I'll just have to put them together differently.

You can make use of the upcoming "bookmark continuations" in the
upcoming 2.1.4 release. These are continuations that are not related to
a sendPage and can therefore be used to go back at any particular
location in your script. This allows to easily handle a "previous"
button in a wizard.

Sylvain