cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Re: component pooling in cocoon
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:13:53 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Just in case, don't forget your component must inherit the avalon Poolable interface.

for your questions, see below :

On 10/02/2004 07:49, Daniel von Aesch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain me how the component pooling in cocoon exactly works ? I
> am new to cocoon and unfortunately I was not able to find out from the
> cocoon and avalon docs how the pooling of components works.
> 1. Are there "pool-min" instances created at startup ?
Yes, pool-min is the number of components instanciated at the cocoon startup.
more info :
http://avalon.apache.org/excalibur/api/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Poolable.html

> 2. If 1 is true - what could be wrong if there are not "pool-min" instances
> created at startup ?
Not sure, but I presume no objects are instanciated at cocoon startup

> 3. We saw that even with pool-min and pool-grow, the system did not
> behaviour as exptected. It did not instantiate pool-min components and if a new
> component was requested there was exactly 1 new component instantiated (instead of
> pool-grow).
Maybe your component didn't inherited the Poolable interface...

--
Olivier BILLARD