cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: SQL Transformer generates illegal element names
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:22:41 GMT
<snipped>

> This is a standard SQL-feature, that should work in any SQL-compliant
> database (at least I know it works in MSSQL and DB2 also).
> But I guess that the problem is that Johann lets the user enter SQL
> directly, loosing control of whats submitted to the DB.
> (which seems like a huge security risk, but I guess that this is adressed
> elsewhere in the application...)
>
> Johann - if you are brave ;) - you could use XSLT to parse the submitted
> SQL, and then extend the SELECT-clause with aliases?
:) indeed he would need to be pretty darn brave to parse a SQL statement
using XSLT.

Less braveness though required with antlr, i'm sure there are few SQL92
grammars around that suit his needs.

Alternatively there are various opensource java relational databases
around, they must have already done the hard work.

> Askild
Jorg