cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: ComponentFactory decommissioning instance
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:02:04 GMT

Leszek Gawron wrote:

>>Does your action implement the Poolable interface? If it doesn't then
>>there is no point setting the pool parameters (at least in 2.0.4 it
>>doesn't) because Action inherits straight from Component.
>

> It does not implement Poolable interface. Searching for the solution I just
> copied the declaration of another action.
>

>>Usually the message below indicates that the pool size for this
>>component is too small - the component instance is not returned to the
>>pool but instead destroyed.
>
> But if it does not implement Poolable - what does it mean then ?
Nothing bad :)

It just means that everytime your action is used a new instance of your
action class is created.
Now if you make your action implement Poolable (which is just a marker
interface) then cocoon will manage a pool of action instances for you,
and everytime your action is used it will take one from the pool instead
of creating a new instance.

Jorg