cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: ComponentFactory decommissioning instance
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:38:39 GMT

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> DEBUG   (2004-02-02) 15:55.06:770   [sitemap] (/test/report-save)
> PoolThread-9/DefaultComponentFactory: ComponentFactory decommissioning
> instance of com.***.ReportAcceptor.

Does your action implement the Poolable interface? If it doesn't then
there is no point setting the pool parameters (at least in 2.0.4 it
doesn't) because Action inherits straight from Component.

Usually the message below indicates that the pool size for this
component is too small - the component instance is not returned to the
pool but instead destroyed.

> I keep getting those messages in my sitemap.xmap. What does it really mean and
> how can I get rid of it. The action is quite simple. It does some request
> parameters processing and inserts data into the database.
>
> The sitemap snippets follow.
>
> <map:actions>
> 	<map:action logger="sitemap.action.serverpages" name="serverpages"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.ServerPagesAction"/>
>
> 	<map:action logger="sitemap.action.ruch-reports" name="ruch-reports"
> pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="4" 	src="com.***.ReportAcceptor"/>
> </map:actions>
try setting here pool-max to a higher number

> <map:match pattern="report-save">
> 	<map:act type="ruch-reports">
> 		<map:parameter name="pool" value="tha-pool"/>
> 		<map:generate src="ok.xml"/>
> 		<map:serialize/>
> 	</map:act>
> </map:match>