cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: [once again] best way to set http header encoding
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:53:47 GMT

Yes, I agree, the http header should be set, particularly when already
providing the content type meta tag.  The header is much easier for
downstream filters to read and change, if necessary, anyway.  And the
encoding info is very necessary when displaying text using extended
character sets.

-Christopher

|         |           Jan Uyttenhove   |
|         |           <jan.uyttenhove@x|
|         |           ume.com>         |
|         |           02/17/2004 12:39 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: [once again] best way to set http header encoding

that makes sense

The Tomcat changes/fixes related to this problem are released since
Tomcat 5.0.15, and also ready for Tomcat 4.1.30 (not released yet, cvs
version).

This is however a rather tricky situation, and I think we should at
least have the possibility to add the serializer encoding to the http
header also, and possibly even make it the default behaviour (via a
config option in web.xml?)

Jan