cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: reusing a result set with esql
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:17:59 GMT

Adrian,

I'm not familiar with RDF, and I can't say I have a clear picture of what
you are trying to do, but I think you might be able to do everything you
need in XSLT, after the XSP stage.  I do a lot of cross-referencing between
lists, etc., in an XSLT transform step after generating the raw data from
the database.  If you want to generate two different bits of output from a
single database result, that is even easier.  XSLT is very powerful for
this type of thing.

Good luck!

-Christopher

|         |           Adrian Petru     |
|         |           Dimulescu        |
|         |           <adrian.dimulescu|
|         |           @free.fr>        |
|         |           02/18/2004 04:07 |
|         |           users            |

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 20:58, Christopher Painter-Wakefield wrote:
> Could you be more specific on what it is you are trying to do?  Perhaps
we
> can see a way to do it in one iteration.

Well, I'm experimenting with XUL as frontend and Cocoon as backend. Mozilla

XUL trees like RDF so I use Cocoon on the backend to generate it. When I
want
to generate the RDF/XML for a list of Partners, the RDF contains :

* as many <RDF:description ... > as there are rows (Partners) in the
ResultSet.
* then an <RDF:Seq> in order to predicate the fact that those entities are
part of a list. Every item of the <RDF:Seq> is a _reference_ to the defined

entity.

Now that you mentioned it I realize that it is possible to not use