cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ESQL update and select statements in the same map:match problem
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:41:16 GMT

You can create an XSP action, which is much easier than writing it in java,
and you can still use ESQL.

Add this namespace to your action:  xmlns:action=
"http://apache.org/cocoon/action/1.0"

Here's the sitemap entry:
<map:act type="serverpages" src="path-to-your-xsp.xml"/>

-Christopher

|         |           gounis@osmosis.gr|
|         |           02/26/2004 04:31 |
|         |           users            |

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Geoff Howard wrote:

> It's not a bug -- and I wouldn't recommend using a workaround like the
> one below (which would probably work).  Don't try to modify the data
> model while it's being turned into sax (the job of the generator).
> Other non-MVC friendly frameworks force this but Cocoon almost forces
> you not to because of all the problems it can cause in real-world
> applications.
>
> In your case, either use flow to call logic which modifies your database
> (beyond scope of my response) or use an action.  Actions and flow are
> both guaranteed to execute before the pipeline is assembled and are
> designed to be the place for data manipulation (with the exception of
> the side-effect transformers like the SQLTransformer, also out of
> scope).  If you already have an xsp which does the job, turn it into an
> xsp action and you're done.

thnx for the hint

i have never touch flow until now so action is te solution i'll choose.
but my xsp use ESQL to reach the connection pool an update the content
is out there any example or doc, how to reach connection pool using java
code ?

--stavros