cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Coccon/FOP/SVG/PDF viewBox affecting dsiplayed size
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:43:48 GMT
Hi
I've got a weird problem generating pdfs using FOP from xml containing SVG;
but only when converted through Cocoon (2.1.2). Generation directly with FOP
is problem free.

For viewBox values larger than "0 0 525 525" (you know this is going to be
weird already...) the generated image within the PDF is proportionally
smaller.

For example this renders as a black square filled in red and is 7 in on each
side:

<fo:block text-align="center">
<fo:instream-foreign-object text-align="center">
<svg:svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="7in" width="7in"
viewBox="0 0 500, 500">
<svg:rect x="0px" y="0px" width="500" height="500"
style="stroke-width:1;stroke:black;fill:red"/>
</svg:svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

But this renders as a black edged square filled in red and is ~6 in on each
side:
<fo:block text-align="center">
<fo:instream-foreign-object text-align="center">
<svg:svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="7in" width="7in"
viewBox="0 0 600, 600">
<!-- rect sized to completely fill viewBox -->
<svg:rect x="0px" y="0px" width="600" height="600"
style="stroke-width:1;stroke:black;fill:red"/>
</svg:svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

Of course the data I'm rendering is in a scale requiring viewBox sizes well
over 1000 in width/height.

Has anyone got a pointer for me? I took a look at FOPSerializer and it
doesn't really do anything suspicious...
Thanks
Steve