cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Sitemap style question
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:52:24 GMT
Dear Cocoon experts,

OK, my application has several different facets, but I'm not using
sub-sitemaps for these... (maybe I should, at that — but for now it's
easier to keep track of things in just the one sitemap, I guess; also,
it saves me from having to do more planning of the URI space than maybe
I want to right now).

So... each "facet" or aspect of the app could have its own
externally-accessible pipeline and its own internal-only pipeline to
support it ("Way 1").  This way, I might end up with like 10 pipelines.

Or ("Way 2"), I can have one big externally-accessible pipeline,
divided up (notionally) into sections for each facet... and one big
internal-only pipeline, similarly divided up.

"Way 1" seems over-engineered.  "Way 2" seems like 'bad cohesion'.

What would you do?

Thanks,
~ml