cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [woody] initialize form control values
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 05:50:28 GMT

On Feb 14, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can't you just assign values to the widgets in your flowscript?

OK.. coming back to this after a little rest, I realized that since the
HTML form controls are generated by woody-field-styling.xsl, if there
is any way to set, for instance, the 'value' attribute on an <input
type="text"> control, this stylesheet must give me some clue about it.
All right, so it turns out to come from <wi:value>.

The next clue was from a message I Googled up, indicating that what I
need to do is say something like:

	form.getWidget("some-widget-id").setValue ("Whatever");

I never saw this in the on-line docs or the Wiki, and if it was in the
samples, then I missed it.  OK, sure enough, grepping for 'setValue' I
see that it is indeed in the samples, and if I had seen it there I
would have seen yet another example of how to set the value: embedded
<javascript> in the form definition.

All right, then.  I think I've got enough to go on for now — thx a lot.

Until My Next Question,
— Mark