cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: Redirect based on cache, followed by continuation
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:27:48 GMT

Hiya,

I've looked through the API docs, and have found the class in question (RefresherImpl)  Are
there any examples of this?  I saw reference somewhere to the cron samples using it, but that
doesn't seem to be the case. I've searched through the entire samples directory looking for
reference to this class but haven't found any.

Can you suggest where I might look?  I've got the samples for both cocoon 2.1.3 and 2.1.4

Thanks,

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 February 2004 12:40 a.m.
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Redirect based on cache, followed by continuation

Le Mardi, 24 fév 2004, à 12:03 Europe/Zurich, Corin Moss a écrit :
> ...Really the only bit I need some conceptual help with is
> continuing
> processing the response once the user has been redirected.  I could
> potentially use a cinclude, and use the same request as
issued by the
> client, but that just seems a bit hacky.  Does anyone have
> any other
> ideas?...

A rough idea:

The scratchpad of Cocoon contains a background refresher, you can pass this asynchronous running
component a url and the component invokes the pipeline in the background and then possible
caching it. Now, you could use an action before your redirect to add the correct url to the
refresher.

HTH
Carsten