cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject Redirect based on cache, followed by continuation
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:03:55 GMT

Hi Guys,

Our cocoon application is running in a load balanced environment.
There's 5 servers between which all cocoon requests are shared.  At any
given time one box should have a valid, cached version of any possible
response.=0D

What I'd like to do is set up an action which checks a request against
the cache registry, then, if the request has a valid cache entry, serve
it out of the cache.=0D

In the event that the resource is NOT cached, I'd like to issue a 302,
redirecting the user to the same URI, but in effect, the request would
be load balanced onto another server (80% of the time.)  That's the easy
part.  What I'd THEN like to do is continue processing the request
within the server which originally fielded the request, but which lacks
a valid cached response.  The idea is, that I can build up a cache, but
whilst doing that, pass the user across to a server from which they'll
get a quick response.

Really the only bit I need some conceptual help with is continuing
processing the response once the user has been redirected.  I could
potentially use a cinclude, and use the same request as issued by the
client, but that just seems a bit hacky.  Does anyone have any other
ideas?

Thanks,

Corin

Corin Moss