cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject Woody in combination with dynamic queries
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:31:13 GMT
Hi all,

I have build several xsp:pages which contain forms holding textboxes and
dropdownboxes. The dropdownboxes are filled with values from a query.

I will explain my problem with a real life example.  The form offers a way
to search/filter for, let's say, trouble tickets.  A trouble ticket is of a
certain type (incident, change or problem). It also has a severitycode (low,
middle, heavy) and it has a description for example.

Suppose I have a form with two dropdownboxes (ddb) and one textbox (tb)

*ddbType has following options : (SELECT DISTINCT TYPE FROM TROUBLES)
     -- any type
     incident
     change
     problem
*ddbSeverityCode has following options:  (SELECT DISTINCT SEVERITYCODE FROM
TROUBLES)
    -- any severity code
    low
    middle
    heavy
*tbDescription (is empty)

Now i want depending of the userinput to run following query :

 String MyDynamicQuery = "SELECT TROUBLEID FROM TROUBLES  "
 <!-- conditional If any parameters are filled in -->
      + " WHERE "
      <!-- conditional if ddbType contains valid value (this means not empty
and not starts with '--'  -->
                     TYPE = ?
      <!-- conditional if ddbType contains valid value (this means not empty
and not starts with '--'  -->
      <!-- conditional if ddbSeverityCode contains valid value (this means
not empty and not starts with '--'  -->
                     SEVERITYCODE = ?
      <!-- conditional if ddbSeverityCode contains valid value (this means
not empty and not starts with '--'  -->
      <!-- conditional if tbDescription contains valid value (this means not
empty  -->
                     DESCRIPTION LIKE %?%
      <!-- conditional if tbDescription contains valid value (this means not
empty  -->
 <!-- conditional If any parameters are filled in -->

Is it possible to use woody and to use some binding mechanism to set the
parametrized WHERE statements in a clever way?  Anyone working on something
similar?

Robby Pelssers