cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Phil Blake <p...@sparkbc.com.au>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession access from XSP?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 04:25:31 GMT
> Ok, I think the proposal to do this is not going to go anywhere, but
> there is a solution.  You'll probably need to give more info (or
> remind us of it) of what code you are calling this from (action, flow,
> generator, transformer, etc.).
>
> While you are at it, can you give more info about what part of the
> Cayenne API relies on this?  It is odd that they need an http session
> object - what if you wanted to use this code outside of a webapp?

 From what I can see, cayenne is simply using the HttpSession as a key
to associate with the database session.

In my case I am wanting to do something like this:

<xsp-session:set-attribute name="dataContext">
	<xsp:expr>hookToCayenne().getDataContext(session)</xsp:expr>
</xsp-session:set-attribute>

However, this is where it goes south because session is not an
HttpSession.

I like the suggestion that Session implements HttpSession - that looks
like a fairly trivial change and is likely to support any framework
that requires one.

Any suggestions. This is currently a show-stopper so I need an answer -
however, I am not a maintainer (yet) and I don't know how to go about
having a change like this pushed through quickly. Do you have any
advice?

Thanks again for your help,

Phil