cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Multiple forms on a page
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:22:39 GMT

On Jan 9, 2004, at 6:55 AM, Alex Romayev wrote:

> I have a page with 3 forms.  I have implemented each
> form separately and combined the result in one page
> using map:aggregate.
>
> -Alex

Hi Alex,

Can you explain how you get this to work with flow?  The flowscript for
each form is going to post its own continuation.  When the user submits
the form, if it doesn't validate then showForm() will call
cocoon.sendPageAndWait() again.  That invokes your display pipeline
(the one with the WoodyTemplateTransformer), but this invocation of the
pipeline is no longer upstream of your aggregating pipeline, its
"standalone"... so, the external request will be answered with the
output of the display pipeline, not the aggregating pipeline.

In other words, you'll get just the form, not the whole page.

So — what's the secret? :-)

~ml