cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: static web site creation by ant - error
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:18:11 GMT
alex@owal.co.uk wrote:

>Is there a good FAQ for using Cocoon to generate static websites?
>I am mostly concerned with having browser specific versions which
>work when the static site is viewed rather than just when the
>Cocoon site is used.
>
>Alex

There isn't a faq that covers that. Although I don't entirely understand
what you are referring to. If you have browser specific pages, what
serveer is selecting the correct page if Cocoon isn't, Apache?

I've been thinking/planning to add support for Apache's i18n
functionality, so that Cocoon can create pages such as index.html.en and
index.html.de, which Apache will serve based upon the user's Locale.
There is much scope for doing this sort of thing - making the pages that
Cocoon produces 'Apache friendly', but not mich has been done with it
todate.

What did you have in mind, specifically?

Upayavira