cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Starting problem with Cocoon
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:55:13 GMT
Liesen, Dr. Arndt wrote:

>Hello,
>here is an absolute novice to Cocoon  trying to get running 2.0.4 under
>Tomcat 3.2. Instead of the Welcome page http://localhost:8080/cocoon gets me
>a (judging from the format: cocoon - ) page  "Internal servlet error"
>indicating "Cocoon was not initialized. Cannot process request." from sender
>"org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet". I do not find anything about what
>and where to initialize. Anybody out there to help?

The situation you describe means that Tomcat couldn't start Cocoon,
which usually means an environment problem.  If you are using jdk 1.4
see the FAQ in the wiki, or archives about the "endorsed libs" problem.
If not, you'll need to check tomcat's logs to see what the problem is --
it could be permissions, incompatible binary version, etc.

Geoff