cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: woody field select list null value
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:14:49 GMT
Steve Steinitz wrote:
> The Cocoon Wiki's Woody Datatype Reference mentions a "nullable"
> attribute which presumably controls whether or not a field's
> selection list contains a null choice.  This would be exactly what
> we want.  However, our initial investigation suggests that this
> "nullable" is not (yet?) implemented.  Does that sound right?

No. Having implemented it myself, I can attest that it works as
advertised, or at least it did last time I used it.

> Our selection list comes from our database.

Maybe the Wiki page is not very clear on this (I just added a short
notice to clarify it), but the "nullable" attribute applies only to
selection lists with type="enum".

> Does woody currently have any facility to help us add a "null" or,
> say, a 'No Selection" choice to our field's selection list?  If
> not, can anyone suggest a sensible approach?

Assuming you're using flowscript and a type="flow-jxpath" selection
list, just add a suitable item to it after you've retrieved the values
from the database:

	items.add(0, new MyItemType());

HTH,

		Ugo