cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Testcases for Cocoon Components
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:16:58 GMT
Ann Jose wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to cocoon and  am trying to write Testcases for Cocoon
> framework and came across the  AbstractCompositeTestcase.java
> which extends ExcaliburTestCase. But  it is mentioned that ECM is
> deprecated.Now i am confused as to how to proceed ahead.
>
> Can anybody help me with how to go about writing Testcases to test
> pipelines  and  action classes in Cocoon.

In 2.1.4 you have a choice of AbstractCompositeTestcase or
SitemapComponentTestCase. But will do the job.

Yes, ECM is deprecated, but Cocoon is still heavily built around it.
Cocoon 2.2 is being converted to Fortress, which removes this ECM
dependency, but it will be some time before we are free of ECM.
Therefore, for the forseeable future, ECM is what we are working with.

Regards, Upayavira