cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Hervé <anthonyhe...@expertisefreelance.com>
Subject woody and xsp / esql tags for default values
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:17:43 GMT
Hello,

Please find hereafter a quick description of my environment :

- xReporter v121
- Cocoon v213
- Phoenix v404
- Tomcat v4124
- Java v14 SDK (IBM)
- Postgresql v732

I am using Woody to build forms and I would like to retrieve information
from my database to populate default field values.
In the documentation, the form_definition file is an xml document
containing links to other xml files in which simple default values can
be retrieved. In the example below, the values displayed in the
selection list are retrieved from the a-choices xml document.

   <wd:field id="fourchars">
      <wd:label>Select something that's 4 characters long:</wd:label>
      <wd:datatype base="string"/>
      <wd:validation>
        <wd:length exact='2*2'/>
      </wd:validation>
      <wd:selection-list src="forms/a-choices.xml"/>
    </wd:field>

Is it possible to create the form_definition file as a xsp document to
be able to include in it esql tags ?
Where could I find an example of such a case ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

--
Anthony Hervé