cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Flow and actions correct way?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:45:49 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Upayavira [mailto:uv@upaya.co.uk]
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>Joose Vettenranta dijo:

>>flow, does it

>>separed? How

>>been wrapped

>>could be used

>>You should probably use the the cocoon.createObject() method,
>>which will
>>treat your object as if it were an Avalon component. Then, if your
>>object implements certain interfaces (e.g. SitemapModelComponent?) it
>>will have certain methods called to pass it stuff, such as the
>>ObjectModel, which will enable it to get at the Java Request
>>object. I
>>would caution against using the cocoon object within Java, it just
>>doens't make sense.
>>
>>HTH.
>>

>IIUC only Avalon interfaces are supported by cocoon.createObject(),
>not Cocoon internal interfaces like SitemapModelComponent.

Hmm. You are right. The interfaces that are available are:

    LogEnabled, Contextualizable, Composable,  Serviceable,
RoleManageable, Configurable, Parameterizable, Initializable, Startable

IIRC, none of these would give us the request object. Or am I missing
something?

(I guess assuptions can sometimes be dangerous :-(

Upayavira