cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Daniel von Aesch <daniel.vonae...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: component pooling in cocoon
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:28:25 GMT
Hi,

There's something in the pooling of our components I still do not
understand. I presume that at least "pool-min" instances should be
created at startup. Looking at the logs showed, that an instance is
created when requested and this one is put into the pool. Then the
component is get from the pool and also put back into the pool. Also the
recycle method was called. But I got a warning:
---
ExcaliburComponentManager: Attempted to release a <example-component>
but its handler could not be located.
---

First: is this a serious problem ?
Second: What are the pool-min, pool-grow parameters for, if they are
obviously ignored. Respectively: Did something change in the Avalon
Framework - testing the same component with the "old" Excalibur 4.1
Framework (in a test-program) showed the expected behaviour.

Sorry - I'm a beginner and it's not so easy to find the right way... :-)

Thanks, Daniel