cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: A notebook for Cocoon development
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:19:58 GMT
John L. Webber wrote:

> We're using 2.1.3 as well, though we've seen this behaviour with earlier
> versions. I second what Brent said -- the memory problems show up if the
> webapps are frequently redeployed. We haven't noticed any problems in a
> production environment (we haven't gone live yet).

This is odd, as it would seem logically that restarting the webapp
should reset all memory usage.  There is of course some state which is
persisted between startups but I'm most suspicious that this is a
container issue.

- John, do you also use Tomcat?  Which version do you both use?
- For a trial, do you get the same behavior deployed on Jetty? (either
the bundled version or the full version from mortbay.org)
- Are there any symptomatic errors in cocoon's or tomcat's logs?
- How do you restart?
- Which Cocoon blocks do you have installed?

Geoff