cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to have poolable actions ?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:46:21 GMT
MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:

> Do you mean that every action already implements the Poolable interface ?
>
> If so, why do I have these messages about "decommissioning instance of" ?

Some of the base action classes do, so it depends on your inheritance
tree.  If your action just implements Action and extend Object (default)
then you have to make it implements Action, Poolable.

Poolable should be a pure marker interface (i.e., it defines no methods
which must be implemented) so that may be all you need to do.  However,
you will need to make sure that your action is in a "clean state" the
next time it is used.  Study the actions which ship with cocoon - you'll
find many answers there.

Geoff