cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: i18n - how to get localized message after form validation
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:53:07 GMT
On 09.02.2004 12:17, Joern Wallstabe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using woody and  I have to use flow validation functions for form validation.

In which way do you use them?

> How can I get a localized (!!)  message from these function back in my form if validation
fails ?

I ask, because if you do it like in the updated sample [1] via
ValidationError object, the first parameter is either already localized
text or an i18n key. It depends on the second parameter set to true or
false. For details have a look into the ValidationError class [2].

> Can I achive this by using i18n transformer functionality ?

This one is for transforming the i18n elements into localized messages.
The problem seems to be more to get the i18n elements into your XML
structure.

Joerg

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/form1.xml?annotate=1.20#235