cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException and not unique container name : cocoon-portal
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:37:18 GMT
Bert Van Kets wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just did an update of my CVS Head and built the whole thing (clean
> built!).
> Checking the logs I saw that I got an ClassNotFoundException
> org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory.
> So, I go to Sourceforge, get the needed classes, build and add the lib to
> Cooon.
> Now, when I start up Cocoon again, I get a stack trace (see below)
> complaining about a duplicate container name called "cocoon-portal". A text
> search on this string doesn't give me anything. So I'm stuck (again). :-(
>
> Isn't there supposed to be a dummy class for the openJMS classes???
>
> Is the container name hard coded? If so, it's never goign to be unique is
> it? :-/
>
> I can live without JMS, but it seems there's something wrong here.

Yes, this comes from the jms block which by default is configured to use
OpenJMS but we do not bundle it with Cocoon.  If you don't plan on using
jms either exclude the jms block, or ignore the warning.  If you do need
jms, either get OpenJMS, start it, and put its client jar in WEB-INF\lib
(and/or in %COCOON_HOME%\optional so it's added there after any future
rebuilds)

AFAIK, the rest of the issue below has to do with the portal and has
nothing whatsoever to do with the jms block.  If you don't get answers
on it, it's because you've mixed issues in one email and the people who
know about the portal issue (not me) skipped past the message.

Geoff