cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Multipart form upload
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:32:09 GMT
Chris Wilder-Smith wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 14:08, Geoff Howard wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>Are you using cinclude or something like it?  Can you send the relevant
>>bit of your pipeline?  Also, try the upload sample if you have it or can
>>hack it into your set up (really just a pipeline and associated xsp file).
>
> No, we're not using cinclude in here.  It was wrapped by an action, but
> it reacts the same with or without the action.  I tried the upload
> sample xsp and of course, it works as specified - so something else is
> going on.
>
> Next, I hacked on the file upload example to have it send to my
> pipeline.  Here, it appears to work as expected -- the file path is in
> the parameters and I can access it.
>
> So, that leads me to believe that there's something unique on the client
> side.  This piece of the application we're building uses an audio
> recording applet to record student responses to activities, then sends
> the audio file to the server where it is stored.  The applet is
> something of a blackbox from freedom audio.  We have it working
> successfully in a pure servlet environment, but perhaps there are
> nuances to the way it does the request that cocoon doesn't like.  I
> still don't understand the mechanism by which two requests could come
> through and only have one get to the

I don't remember everything in the request generator output but I have
in the past posted to it to determine issues like this (I think you
tried something like this earlier).  Do you see any interesting
difference between the request gen output if you point the upload sample
to it, and then point the applet at it?

Geoff