cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dana Cordes <dcor...@warmfuzzyland.com>
Subject HTML Generator Question
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:47:34 GMT
I'm looking to pull XML from another webserver (in this case a Lotus Domino server) and integrate
that into my pipeline.  The problem is that the remote site requires a login.  Fortunately,
I can redirect from that login directly to the xml I want, so I get get the XML in a single
request.  The problem is that I need to send a bunch of parameters along with the request.
Here's a snippet from my sitemap.xmap

    <map:match pattern="hi.html">
     <map:generate src="http://DOMINOSERVER/mail/username.nsf?Login&Username=me&Password=pass&RedirectTo=/mail/username.nsf/($Inbox)?ReadViewEntries"
type="xml"/>
     <map:transform src="style/xsl/process.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:match>

But, this of course doesn't work since the "&" character that I use in the url src is
a no no in an XML document.  If I replace the "&" with "&amp;" or even "&#x0026;"
or "&#38;" the url does not resolve correctly, and I cannot get my content.  Is there
another, better way to do this?  I'd use the WebServiceProxyGenerator but I'd find the same
problem there.  Is there a way for me to pass request parameters to a url and get the content
back in the HTML or File Generator?

I've seen this come up in the mail archives regarding POST requests, but I haven't found a
real clear answer yet.

-Dana Cordes