cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject NPE in TraxTransformer (caused by i18nTransfomer?)
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:44:29 GMT
Hey folks --

This is Cocoon 2.1.3.  I have a typical woody pipeline that looks like:

<map:match pattern="registration">
     <map:select type="request-method">
         <map:when test="GET">
             ... form init actions here ...
         </map:when>
         <map:otherwise>
             ... form process actions here ...
         </map:otherwise>
     </map:select>
     <map:generate src="forms/registration.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="xsl/registration.xsl"/>
     <map:transform type="woody">
         <map:parameter
             name="attribute-name"
             value="registrationform"
         />
     </map:transform>
     <map:transform type="i18n">
         <map:parameter
             name="default-catalogue-id"
             value="registration"
         />
     </map:transform>
     <map:transform src="xsl/woody.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

When the pipeline hits the <map:transform src="xsl/woody.xsl"/> step, I
get the following exception on the tomcat console:

FATAL_E 10756   [core.xslt] (): Error in TraxTransformer:
file:/home/steve/myapp/webapp/tools/jakarta-tomcat/../../build/webapp/registration/xsl/woody.xsl;

Line 381; Column 48;
; SystemID:
file:/home/steve/myapp/webapp/tools/jakarta-tomcat/../../build/webapp/registration/xsl/woody.xsl;

Line#: 381; Column#: 48
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2344)
         at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemCopy.execute(ElemCopy.java:162)
         at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.transformSelectedNodes(ElemApplyTemplates.java:425)
         at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:216)
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2339)

The xsl/woody.xsl is a modified version of the default field styling
template that ships with the woody block, and the exception points to
the "catchall" template:

<xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1">
   <xsl:copy>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

(specifically refers to the apply-templates line).

Now if I either remove the i18n transformer from the pipeline or just
remove all i18n tags from forms/registration.xml, I don't get this
exception.  This leads me to believe that the i18n transformer is
munging the document somehow.

I do have all the i18n keys referred to in the xml document in the
catalog, so this isn't the problem.  I've also tried the following:

- grabbed the latest xml jars from lib/endorsed (xalan-2.5.2,
xercesImpl-2.6.0)
- tried specifying alternate xslt processors in the sitemap (changed the
default to xalan and xsltc)

Neither of these changed anything.  Should I try running my app with
cocoon-2.1.4-dev?

thanks for any help,
-steve