cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rafael Alvarado" <alvar...@Princeton.EDU>
Subject RE: Flow problems
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:45:42 GMT
Thanks for the quick rsponse on this.  Unfortunately, removing that line
doesn't help.  The 2.1.3 installation (that comes with eXist) still shows a
blank page, and the default 2.1.4 installation throws a new error (see
below).  Regarding the former, when I remove the map:flow element from the
sitemap, the blank page goes away, but of course the flow is then disabled.

<error-message from="cocoon-2.1.4">

An Error Occurred
Failed to load sitemap from
file:/var/local/textgarden/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16/webapps/cocoon/game/sitemap
.xmap

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/var/local/textgarden/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16/webapps/cocoon/game/sitemap
.xmap: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: ScriptNode:
Couldn't obtain a flow interpreter for JavaScript:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: flow-interpreters:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [JavaScript] (key
[JavaScript]) (key [JavaScript])

cause: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: ScriptNode:
Couldn't obtain a flow interpreter for JavaScript:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: flow-interpreters:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [JavaScript] (key
[JavaScript]) (key [JavaScript])

full exception chain stacktrace[hide]

Original Exception:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: ScriptNode:
Couldn't obtain a flow interpreter for JavaScript:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: flow-interpreters:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [JavaScript] (key
[JavaScript]) (key [JavaScript])
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.FlowNode.compose(FlowNode
.java:116)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.
java:328)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.
java:209)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.setupNode(Defa
ultTreeBuilder.java:479)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.FlowNodeBuilder.buildNode
(FlowNodeBuilder.java:70)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapNodeBuilder.buildN
ode(SitemapNodeBuilder.java:105)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.createTree(Def
aultTreeBuilder.java:362)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultT
reeBuilder.java:432)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultT
reeBuilder.java:394)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupRootNode(TreeP
rocessor.java:516)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:353)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:312)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:133)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:165)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:162)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:136)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:371)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:312)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1112)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at
FilterChain.java:284)
	at
ain.java:204)
	at
va:256)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:245)
	at
va:199)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
:156)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:211)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:805)
	at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:696)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:605)
	at
a:677)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

stacktrace[hide]

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/var/local/textgarden/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16/webapps/cocoon/game/sitemap
.xmap: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: ScriptNode:
Couldn't obtain a flow interpreter for JavaScript:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: flow-interpreters:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [JavaScript] (key
[JavaScript]) (key [JavaScript])
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultT
reeBuilder.java:398)
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
[...]
	... 39 more
[...]

If you need help and this information is not enough, you are invited to read
the Cocoon FAQ.
If you still don't find the answers you need, can send a mail to the Cocoon
mailing lists, remembering to:

specify the version of Cocoon you're using, or we'll assume that you are
talking about the latest released version;
specify the platform-operating system-version-servlet container version;
send any pertinent error message;
send pertinent log snippets;
send pertinent sitemap snippets;
send pertinent parts of the page that give you problems.
For more detailed technical information, take a look at the log files in the
log directory of Cocoon, which is placed by default in the WEB-INF/logs/
folder of your cocoon webapp context.
If the logs don't give you enough information, you might want to increase
the log level by changing the Logging configuration which is by default the
WEB-INF/logkit.xconf file.

If you think you found a bug, please report it to Apache's Bugzilla; a
message will automatically be sent to the developer mailing list and you'll
be kept in contact automatically with the further progress on that bug.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble if this is our fault.

The Apache Cocoon Project
</error-message>

Rafael C. Alvarado
Manager of Humanities Computing Research Applications
316 87 Prospect | Princeton University