cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] Union & XML binding
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:45:27 GMT
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:52:30PM +0100, Jan Hoskens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use a union in my woody form. I've got no problem showing the
> form, but when I try to save the document back to xml, I always get a
> ClassCastException:
>
>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error processing BindingWoodyApple:
> java.lang.ClassCastException
>
> I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
>
> I'm using a cvs head 2.1 updated today. I use the following parts in my
> woody files:

Union was changed from holding the case value itself to referencing
another widget that holds the current case.  This means that the union
in the formmodel should have a "case" attribute pointing at a field
widget that holds the case value, and the datatype, etc. should be
removed from the union widget definition, since that should now be
supplied by the referenced field widget.

Also, in the union there is "X_value" and "X_and_Y_value",
while in some other places you have "X" instead of "X_value".

--Tim Larson