cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: woody and xsp / esql tags for default values
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:18:15 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:16, Anthony Hervé wrote:
> Hello Bruno,
>
> I do not really understand what you mean. What do you mean by
> just call a pipeline (i.e. use cocoon:/ in the
> src attribute) that starts with an XSP.
> I just want to display by default a value from my database for a field
> in my form (example phone number), how can I do ?

Then why did you include the whole story about the selection lists?
That's what got me confused.

If you want to set a value in a field, you have to write some code which
does that before displaying the form, either in Java or flowscript.

I don't think ESQL will be very helpful in that case, though you could
e.g. generate some XML using ESQL and then use the binding framework to
load the data from the XML into the form.