cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [once again] best way to set http header encoding
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:43:07 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 23:20, Stefan Burkard wrote:
> [SORRY, ONCE AGAIN MY QUESTION, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ANSWER]
>
> hi there
>
> i wonder that cocoons serializer just writes a meta-tag with the
> encoding in the html-page.

The actual serializer implementation is provided by Xalan, who does
this.

>  it doesn't do this in the http-header.

But indeed it's a good question why our serializer doesn't put in in the
http header also.

I can't think of any reason not to do it. You might want to try to patch
the serializer to do this, and in any case, open a bugzilla issue for
this.

I remember reading something about how it's only the latest IE's which
will actually take the header in preference over what's in the HTML
page, so that's maybe why more people haven't complained about this yet.