cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Realtime generation of Woody Forms
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:54:59 GMT
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 06:52, Tony Edwards wrote:
> Cocooners,
> I'm trying to generate a woody form definition and template in real time
> from a Torque xml database schema.
> I read somewhere that it was theoretically possible to do this but I'm
> getting an error:
> "Could not parse form definition from
> file:/C:/cocoon-2.1.3/build/webapp/AuthorityMenu/torque_d"
> Cocoon is basically complaining that the file can't be found.
> My flow looks like this:
>
> function torqueRT(){
>     var torqueForm = new Form("torque_d");

Use the "cocoon:" protocol:

var torqueForm = new Form("cocoon:/torque_d");

or

var torqueForm = new Form("cocoon://torque_d");

(double slash starts from the root sitemap, single slash from the
current sitemap).

Somewhere in the next couple of months, I'm going to look into
optimising a little bit this kind of real-time form generation, like
make it possible to avoid the (needless) caching and not reparsing the
form definition from an inputstream but directly handle the SAX events.

A step further would also include to make it possible to easily build
form definitions directly in Java code, to avoid the via-XML overhead,
but I'm not sure if I'm going to get that far.