cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: AW: Special chars problem
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:47:23 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 08:59, Jan Hoskens wrote:
> After searching the archives, I found some stuff about the encoding in
> cocoon. I tried changing the ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 in the web.xml, but that
> did not change the problem.
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106760662600010&r=1&w=2)When I passed the
> url, it still was in the wrong format 'A?'(String assuming Unicode instead
> of UTF-8). I found a wiki page concerning encoding in cocoon at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RequestParameterEncoding. I fixed my
> problem by applying a conversion to all parameters in my flow that may
> contain an incoming url. This conversion is also stated in the wiki page:
> value = new String(value.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "UTF-8");So whenever you're
> using parameters and passing something that's UTF-8, do that conversion to
> avoid problems concerning the special chars.

As explained on that wiki page, this conversion is exactly what Cocoon
already does for you. If it does not work, it's likely because of a
misconfiguration (except if there got some new bug in there, which I
doubt).

So in the web.xml, you put the container-encoding to ISO-8859-1 and the
form-encoding to UTF-8?