cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wilder-Smith <ch...@wilder-smith.org>
Subject Re: Multipart form upload
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:04:56 GMT
Geoff,

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 14:08, Geoff Howard wrote:
<snip>

> Are you using cinclude or something like it?  Can you send the relevant
> bit of your pipeline?  Also, try the upload sample if you have it or can
> hack it into your set up (really just a pipeline and associated xsp file).

No, we're not using cinclude in here.  It was wrapped by an action, but
it reacts the same with or without the action.  I tried the upload
sample xsp and of course, it works as specified - so something else is
going on.

Next, I hacked on the file upload example to have it send to my
pipeline.  Here, it appears to work as expected -- the file path is in
the parameters and I can access it.

So, that leads me to believe that there's something unique on the client
side.  This piece of the application we're building uses an audio
recording applet to record student responses to activities, then sends
the audio file to the server where it is stored.  The applet is
something of a blackbox from freedom audio.  We have it working
successfully in a pure servlet environment, but perhaps there are
nuances to the way it does the request that cocoon doesn't like.  I
still don't understand the mechanism by which two requests could come
through and only have one get to the pipeline.

Thanks,

Chris