cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Phil Blake <p...@sparkbc.com.au>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession access from XSP?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:20:32 GMT
>> How do I access the javax.servlet.http.HttpSession from within XSP?
>> I know I have xsp-session but it is a
>> org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session
>> And request.getSession() also returns a
>> org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session
>> I've seen that the org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpSession is
>> created from the javax.servlet.http.HttpSession but I can't see how
>> to access it from there.
>
> I don't know exactly as I do not have written the code, but I think
> hiding the HttpSession was intended. You only shall access the Cocoon
> specific Session.
>
> What exactly do you want to do?

I am using the database framework Cayenne. Like most web based
client/server frameworks, it requires that you pass it an HttpSession
to retrieve a context for that HttpSession.

As there is no option here, I must supply the HttpSession, the question
is - does cocoon provide access to it?

I guess I could re-create a standard HttpSession from the cocoon
HttpSession, but usually when I'm backed into such an ugly hack, it's
because I haven't found the "proper" way. I'm assuming that cocoon
would not completely obscure the standard HttpSession - even if it's
wrapped it. Does anyone know the real story?

Thanks again for your time,

Phil