cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject RE: Evaluation of Cocoon
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:34:42 GMT
> You are under a slight misperception.  In a clustered
> environment all requests must go to the cluster, but to any
> server in the cluster - not just the one the user logged
> into.

Oh - maybe I misread the email.. I must have missed the part
about them running a cluster.  Just that they had machines
running at different locations and that a request may
go to any of these servers.

> Cocoon needs to make sure that it either
> a) stores what it needs in the session so that the session
> can be replicated
> b) always handles null values by reloading the correct data.

True - but this goes for any web development.. to replicate
sessions you should probably store data into it :)  But,
I've only had experience with session replication under
iPlanet.. and we just used the JDBC session manager. (had
to use that since the support staff would pull machines
out of service during normal operating hours)

- Brent