cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Collin VanDyck" <col...@hannonhill.com>
Subject Cocoon2.0 + JBoss3.2 + log4j == ARGH
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:11:44 GMT
Hey!

I have a strong desire to turn off all JBoss debug logging using my
log4j.xml file, but there's a problem.  Having the three .jars
(xalan-2.3.1.jar, xml-apis.jar, xercesImpl.jar) in my jre/lib/endorsed
directory, are required by Cocoon, is preventing JBoss from parsing the
log4j.xml file.

I get errors like this:

18:08:15,998 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL:
resource:log4j.xml
log4j:ERROR Could not parse input source [org.xml.sax.InputSource@164dbd5].
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:20
9)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:665)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:616)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:602)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:697)
        at
org.jboss.logging.Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask.reconfigure(Log4jService.ja
va:624)

I have tried (unsuccessfully) to move the three .jars to a different
location without adversely affecting Cocoon in runtime.  If those jars are
not in my endorsed directory, Cocoon cannot successfully parse any sitemap
files.

I'd _really_ like to be able to get around this problem -- I'm hoping that
others have had this experience and have overcome.

At this point, moving to Cocoon2.1 is not an option, unfortunately.

thanks very much!
Collin