cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bert Van Kets" <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException and not unique container name : cocoon-portal
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:15:42 GMT

> Ok, that's bizarre.  Can anyone else confirm this?  There are very few
> logical places where any interaction between the jms and portal block
> should be happening.  You're saying that the portal block works as long
> as you remove the openJMS library?

yep, that is correct.

I just did a clean CVS HEAD checkout at 4PM GMT and did a clean build. No
local properties files were used. I did a build clean before building!
I copied the build/webapp directory to my Tomcat webapps directory and added
the openJMS library in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

Starting Tomcat doesn't give any errors what so ever.
Going to the cocoon home page gives me the IllegalArgumentException in the
browser, mentioning "The given container name is not unique: cocoon-portal".
No other errors are reported in the log files.

Removing the openJMS library starts Tomcat and Cocoon with only the mention
of the openJMS ClassNotFoundException.

Very easy to reproduce on my system.

Using JDK 1.3.1_6, Tomcat 4.1.29 on WinXP. Using openJMS 0.7.6 from
http://openjms.sourceforge.net

Bert