cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Jain" <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: Evaluation of Cocoon
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:31:06 GMT
>> Subsequent requests may be routed to different servers.
>> Here I see a possible problem with Cocoon

> The same problem will apply to any site that uses sessions.

Yes, though most application servers have some mechanism for replicating
sessions. Having 'sticky' sessions is certainly a good idea for
performance reasons, but if one machine goes down in such a setup no one
is affected.

Anyways, in our case the servers are located at different sites, and the
application is completely stateless.

> you can use flow and JXTemplate if you don't use sendPageAndWait(),
> only using sendPage(), thus you're not using continuations, and are
> therefore stateless.

Thanks, I hadn't realized that I could use flow without the
continuations feature. If this is so, there shouldn't be any problem.

--
Eric Jain