cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Boris Althaus" <bo...@petra-productions.de>
Subject Re: CLI with Modifiable Source
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:47:49 GMT
I didn't recognized yet, that ant has a scp task or you mean scp with the exec task?
Unfortunately i never suceeded to automaticlly login to a remote server with scp. But for
now ftp is ok.

I tried out './cocoon.sh cli -d ftp://user:password@host/destionationdir -c build/mycustomwebapp'.
I think this syntax is correct but I got the errormessage: 'Source is not modifiable:'

The ftp-task of ant has a depends attribute.  transfers only new or changed files if set to
"yes". Defaults to "no".

Regards Boris
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Upayavira
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:22 AM
  Subject: Re: CLI with Modifiable Source

  Simon Mieth wrote:

  >On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:57:05 +0100
  >"Boris Althaus" <boris@petra-productions.de> wrote:
  >

  >>Hello everyone,
  >>
  >>i tried out the offline-generation capabilities of Cocoon.
  >>To generate the project to local disk is no problem at
  >>all. But how I can invoke the generation with a
  >>Modifiable Source for a ftp-transfer?
  >>
  >>Boris
  >>

  >Hi,
  >
  >i think you should ude the ant-task. Ant can publish with
  >ftp.

  There are two ways. My original plan for the CLI was to allow the CLI to
  do its own FTP with modifiable sources, then when I clicked to the
  benefits of Ant, modifiable sources didn't seem quite so important.

  So, you can:
  1) Use Ant task to build site, then have Ant upload the site with FTP
  (or better, SCP), or
  2) Use a modifiable source - there is one now a modifiable FTP source in
  the Excalibur source package, which should mean that you can just use
  ftp://user@pass:host/path/file as your destination URI.

  The question is, how to best prevent the uploading of unchanged files.
  There is 'unannounced' code in Cocoon to do this, but Ant is probably
  better at it. I believe it can store checksums locally, and use them to
  decide whether a file has changed, and then only upload changed files.

  HTH.

  Regards, Upayavira