cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christian Kreutz" <schreibch...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Xinclude/Xpointer problem with XHTML Namespace
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:22:31 GMT


> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno@outerthought.org] 
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 00:51
> An: users@cocoon.apache.
> Betreff: Re: AW: Xinclude/Xpointer problem with XHTML Namespace
> 
> 
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 19:17, Christian Kreutz wrote:
> > First of all thanks very trying to help me with this.
> > It is good to know there seems more behind 
> > this problem then just a small error - played to long 
> > with this problem to be just easy to solve. :-)
> > 
> > It seems it has to do something with the html
> > tag combined with the XHTML namespace. I tried your
> > things and had the same results.
> >  
> > I found this point what might has do somehting
> > with it: 
> > 
> http://archives.real->
time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2003-May/013622.h
> > tm
> > l
> 
> That issue has been fixed for a while: 
> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi> ?id=19423
> 
> It 
> refered to the fact that you couldn't use the 
> xmlns() stuff in xpointer expressions.
> 
> > 
> > I am using Xalan 2.5.0. Is this maybe a reason?
> 
> Xalan does however indeed have something to do with it. To 
> build a DOM from SAX events, we use the trax API whose 
> implementation is provided by Xalan.
> 
> And I know Xalan does different stuff for HTML then XML, and 
> does this by checking the root element. The only thing I 
> still have to find out is what it does exactly do different 
> here. It must be something with the DOM it builds (since two 
> completely independent XPath implementations can't handle it).
> 
> I can't promise when I'll be able to look into this further. 
> Maybe some evening this week. If you want to have a look at 
> it yourself, the DOM-tree is made in 
> XPointerContent.getDocument() and the XPath is evaluated on 
> this in XPointerPart.process().

I tried it the last days with Xalan 2.5.2 but it didn't work. 
I also tried it with Xlink but the same error ocurs. 
With java I am unfortunately not experienced enough to go to 
deep in the above mentioned functions.
I am going to investigate the next days further but honestly
I am quite hopeless solving this problem myself and think about
changing to something other then xhtml files.

Cheers and thanks very much for your help so far

Christian


 
> -- 
> Bruno Dumon                             http://outerthought.org/
> Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
> bruno@outerthought.org                          bruno@apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message