cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christian Kreutz" <schreibch...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Xinclude/Xpointer problem with XHTML Namespace
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:53:17 GMT
Can't believe I solved it!!

In my case it has to have a xhtml extension.

<article1>
  <xi:include
href="article1/index.xml#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)xpoint
er(//xhtml:title)" /> 
</article1>

Regards

Christian 


> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Christian Kreutz [mailto:schreibchris@gmx.de]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Februar 2004 20:23
> An: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Betreff: AW: Xinclude/Xpointer problem with XHTML Namespace
> 
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno@outerthought.org]
> > Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 00:51
> > An: users@cocoon.apache.
> > Betreff: Re: AW: Xinclude/Xpointer problem with XHTML Namespace
> > 
> > 
> > On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 19:17, Christian Kreutz wrote:
> > > First of all thanks very trying to help me with this.
> > > It is good to know there seems more behind
> > > this problem then just a small error - played to long with this 
> > > problem to be just easy to solve. :-)
> > > 
> > > It seems it has to do something with the html
> > > tag combined with the XHTML namespace. I tried your things and had
> > > the same results.
> > >  
> > > I found this point what might has do somehting
> > > with it:
> > > 
> > http://archives.real->
> time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2003-May/013622.h
> > > tm
> > > l
> > 
> > That issue has been fixed for a while:
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi> ?id=19423
> > 
> > It
> > refered to the fact that you couldn't use the
> > xmlns() stuff in xpointer expressions.
> > 
> > > 
> > > I am using Xalan 2.5.0. Is this maybe a reason?
> > 
> > Xalan does however indeed have something to do with it. To build a
> > DOM from SAX events, we use the trax API whose implementation is 
> > provided by Xalan.
> > 
> > And I know Xalan does different stuff for HTML then XML, and does
> > this by checking the root element. The only thing I still have to 
> > find out is what it does exactly do different here. It must be 
> > something with the DOM it builds (since two completely independent 
> > XPath implementations can't handle it).
> > 
> > I can't promise when I'll be able to look into this further. Maybe
> > some evening this week. If you want to have a look at it yourself, 
> > the DOM-tree is made in
> > XPointerContent.getDocument() and the XPath is evaluated on
> > this in XPointerPart.process().
> 
> I tried it the last days with Xalan 2.5.2 but it didn't work. I also 
> tried it with Xlink but the same error ocurs. With java I am 
> unfortunately not experienced enough to go to deep in the above 
> mentioned functions. I am going to investigate the next days further 
> but honestly I am quite hopeless solving this problem myself and think
> about changing to something other then xhtml files.
> 
> Cheers and thanks very much for your help so far
> 
> Christian
> 
> 
>  
> > -- 
> > Bruno Dumon                             http://outerthought.org/
> > Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
> > bruno@outerthought.org                          bruno@apache.org
> > 
> > 
> > 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message