cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Re: Woody READONLY Fields
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:49:50 GMT
On 09/01/2004 10:31, Michael Roth wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Thats a good idea, but how do you solve the problem
> that an output widget does not read its value from the
> request ?

The widget is still a field, not an output.
The styling is only for rendering. But in fact, with a styling of type 'output', no
<input> will be generated and you'll have a binding error, or a null field (my bad).

You must write a special template in woody-field-styling.xsl, for read-only fields (it may

already exist now) that renders the value as text, and adds an hidden input for the binding.