cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James Cummings <James.Cummi...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject allowing non-dynamic downloads.
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:18:21 GMT

Hi there,

I've got a bit of a sitemap.xmap that currently looks like:

<map:match pattern="downloads">
   <map:generate src="downloads/downloads.xml"/>
   <map:transform type="xalan" src="style/xsl/add-includes.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Now from this page of downloads there will be links to some
downloads in a variety of formats (zip/tgz/pdf).  All of these
are preprocessed and I don't want to use the zip serializer to
assemble a zip file on the fly or anything like that.

How do I allow the user to have any file under this sent to
them?  I just want it to be a normal html link like
in the same way it does if I had it outside of cocoon.

So maybe something like:
  <map:match pattern="downloads/*">
   <map:generate src="downloads/*"/>
   <map:serialize type="????" />
  </map:match>

But what do I serialize it as?  I don't want to have separate rules
for each of the possible file types, and they are going to be
pre-cooked and sat there in the downloads/ directory.

Suggestions?

-James

---
Dr James Cummings, Oxford Text Archive, James.Cummings@ota.ahds.ac.uk