cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: HTML Editor for Woody
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:50:47 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Patrick Hess wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've spend the last 2 hours in integrating the HTMLArea (the free
> customizable online editor, http://dynarch.com/htmlarea/) into my
> project which worked pretty smooth compared with my tests yesterday with
> midas from the Mozilla project (or even worse: the typo3 RTE editor...)
>
> In my company we've integrated eWebEditPro from ektron which is quite
> powerful but costs nearly $300 per year/10 users... :-((( I need
> something free and HTMLArea seems to be a good replacement as it is
> released under a BSD-style license and works under Internet Explorer 5.5
> or better for Windows and Mozilla 1.3 or better (any platform).
>
> As you can see (http://microbic.de/dav/htdocs/htmlarea/htmlarea2.gif)
> integration in Woody was quite successful and I wonder if someone is
> also looking for such thing. I prepared a small demo based on the
> "registration" example
> (http://microbic.de/dav/htdocs/htmlarea/htmlarea.gif) which can be
> tested here: http://microbic.de/dav/htdocs/htmlarea/htmlarea2.zip
>
> Don't expect to much as it is a proove of concept and change
> <xsl:param name="htmlarea" select="'/pbone/htmlarea'"/> in
> woody-field-styling.xsl to the right path inside your cocoon app.
> Sample is available under http://youhost/yourapp/htmlarea/.
>
> I still have one problem left:
>
> In my current project
> (http://microbic.de/dav/htdocs/htmlarea/htmlarea2.gif) I'm using the
> woody binding for my article show in the screenshot. Basic problem is
> (independent from the html editor) that using any XML markup is
> converted to &lt;/&gt; so that my XML looks like this after saving:

>     <Body>
> 	&lt;b&gt;hello world&lt;/b&gt;
>     <Body>
>
> when I would like to have:

>     <Body>
> 	<b>hello world</b>
>     <Body>

i'm not sure for that but if you try to convert html code to xhtml using
html generator and Jtidy. in a work in progress example i post the html
content from a text area to a pipeline and save it as .xml (xhtml) in
filesystem without escaped characters. i'll publish this soon as part of
othello sample in scratchpad

btw your htmlarea idea to replace my plain textarea is very interesting

--stavros