cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Amitabha Mitra <amitabha.m.mi...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Using Cocoon 2.1.3 as an EAI Tool
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:18:18 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to use Cocoon2.1.3 as an EAI Tool - what I want to achieve is:

1. Read XML File from a folder (XML data generated by third-party system)
2. Validate and Normalize the XML.
3. Transform the XML to our own Format, Validate the Data
4. Use this Transformed XML to Insert Data in our Oracle DB.
5. Show Success/Failure info to the User.

I have studied Cocoon2.1.3 documentations and to achieve the above steps I
am planning to have a combination of 2 Pipelines like this:

1. Generate (read XML, schema based validation) -> n no. of Transforms
(Normalize, Convert to our XML format, Validation) -> serialize (to XML)
2. Use Modular Database Action (for persistence of the XML data) ->
Generate (read success/failure XML)-> Transform (XSLT) -> Serialize (HTML
for Success/Failure display)

Can someone please validate this design or suggest a better alternative?

Assuming I go by this design: Can someone please suggest How Modular DB
Action can accept an XML as an Input, to get the data from?

Also, can Oracle DB be a problem - I require the Autoincrement feature
also.

Thanks in advance,

Amitabha